Homeschool Curriculum for Life!
Life Experience, Living Books.
Welcome to Homeschool Curriculum for Life!
Where homeschooling is not just about school, it's about life!
My name is Wendy Young and I am a homeschool mom of 4 precious children – our eldest has just graduated from our homeschool and the three others are busy with the delight directed literature rich homeschool journeys. My husband and I have been married for 24 years and we have always homeschooled and knew we would from the time our eldest was just 2 years old and homeschooling was very new in this country.
The longer I have homeschooled the more I am aware that it is not an easy choice but it is the narrow path as we, Christian parents, choose to act on the God given mandate to train our children in the way they should go and to teach His words to them as we walk, sit, lie down and rise up daily.
This website had it’s beginnings in 2006 when I think I was still relatively “wet behind the ears”, but even now with 18 years of homeschooling under my belt I can see that God is still calling parents to take up their parenting role seriously.
With this comes challenges for parents, and particularly moms, who need to deal with the daily nitty gritty of homeschooling their children amongst chores, meal planning and prep, interruptions, bad attitudes and other specific challenges.
At Homeschool Curriculum for Life you will find help and advice for all of these issues and more.
ARE YOU IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS?
- Looking for a homeschool curriculum
- Needing to change the way you do "school"
- Overwhelmed by the choices of homeschool curriculum & philosophies
- So busy doing school you & your children are missing out on life
- Needing more organization in your home
- Finding that your relationships are suffering
- Drowning in busyness
- Facing unhappy and resistant children at school time
- Sure there is a better way, but don't know where to start
Then you have come to the right place!
My 15 years of experience as a homeschooling mom, speaker, author and curriculum advisor can help you to:
- Understand different learning styles to optimize your choice of homeschool curriculum
- Know the difference between structured, delight directed, literature based and unit study homeschool curriculum
- Keep your marriage and family relationships as a priority
- Get systems in place for the smooth running and organization of your home
- Come alongside and train your children to joyously enter into their learning disciplines & work
- Define the life you want for your family - building morals, values, academic standards, character and spiritual growth.
So come along with me as you take those first steps to a more productive, exciting and long journey into homeschooling your family and leaving them a Godly inheritance.
Enjoy your visit at Homeschool Curriculum for Life!
and be sure to bookmark this site!
"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
-- Henry Ward Beecher
Return to top of Home